> welcome < > the journal ::: a fly line runs through it <

"a fly line runs through it" - pretty clever huh? ok, clever enough. I'm a fly fisherman and a fly tyer. I thought it would be nice to have a place to talk about that - to share that with those who may be interested. so here it is - the angler's quarter. fishing stories, fly patterns, photos, and links to other sites are among what you'll find here - have fun!

alan creech
lexington, kentucky

> contact me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Angler's Quarter!


powered by Bloglet

::: links >>>

> orvis
> trout unlimited
> cumberland trout
> kentucky trout
> ky fish & wildlife









Site Meter
::: 7.16.2003 >>


I actually went fishing last week - Monday, a week ago - very warm, but cloudy day on Silver Creek. I fished for around 3 hours and caught 11 Smallmouth. Good day. All underwater - a couple on a Mallard Minnow, a couple on a Shenk's White Minnow, and the rest on my own Wooly Thang (pictured below somewhere). Rock ledges, structured tail-outs - that's where I caught them. That's what you would expect I reckon. I really didn't even try top water - grasshoppers or anything - It may have worked, especially in the late evening. I was there in the middle of the day though. I'll post photos later - I took a few of the stream environment. Oh, and the 21st century fisherman actually got a good cell phone signal standing in the middle of the creek and called my friends Steve and Kevin to spread the joy (they were working by the way). Kevin wants to learn to fly fish - we'll have to set that up. That's all for now. Hopefully it won't be so long next time.

::: posted by > + Alan at 9:38 AM |
-------------------------------

Comments: Post a Comment