> welcome < > the journal ::: a fly line runs through it <

"a fly line runs through it" - pretty clever huh? ok, clever enough. I'm a fly fisherman and a fly tyer. I thought it would be nice to have a place to talk about that - to share that with those who may be interested. so here it is - the angler's quarter. fishing stories, fly patterns, photos, and links to other sites are among what you'll find here - have fun!

alan creech
lexington, kentucky

> contact me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Angler's Quarter!


powered by Bloglet

::: links >>>

> orvis
> trout unlimited
> cumberland trout
> kentucky trout
> ky fish & wildlife









Site Meter
::: 7.28.2004 >>

tyin' flies
Wow, I actually sat down in front of the TV and tied 5 flies tonight. May not sound like alot, but for me that's production tying. I'm sort of a perfectionist when it comes to my flies so I get a bit worn out when I tie. I'm always pretty satisfied with them though - that's a good thing - and they catch fish, which is even a better thing.

I tied 3 #6 Clouser's Minnows (white and brown with perlescent krystal flash), 1 Crawdad colored #4 Wooly Bugger, and a #4 souped up Mallard Minnow with a little sparse krystal flash underbody and Jungle Cock cheeks - and lead - I am almost afraid to use it. I will though, and I'll let you know how that works.

I've put the subscription service on the left there. Add your e-mail address and get the posts as I post them here, then come look at the pictures if you don't get them in the e-mail. Good fishing!

::: posted by > + Alan at 11:32 PM |
-------------------------------

Comments:
nice post!
 
You cant rush perfection!
 
Post a Comment