> welcome < > the journal ::: a fly line runs through it <

"a fly line runs through it" - pretty clever huh? ok, clever enough. I'm a fly fisherman and a fly tyer. I thought it would be nice to have a place to talk about that - to share that with those who may be interested. so here it is - the angler's quarter. fishing stories, fly patterns, photos, and links to other sites are among what you'll find here - have fun!

alan creech
lexington, kentucky

> contact me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Angler's Quarter!


powered by Bloglet

::: links >>>

> orvis
> trout unlimited
> cumberland trout
> kentucky trout
> ky fish & wildlife









Site Meter
::: 7.18.2004 >>


Wow! It's been like 8 months since I blogged here. Sorry for anyone who ever looks at it. I know there are very few. I have been fishing a few times this year - mostly to Silver Creek in Madison County Kentucky - currently my favorite stream. I've caught a decent number of Smallmouth Bass. Of course, never enough. Too busy.

Here are a few photos of one of the more memorable trips. My son Conor and I hit Silver Creek. We caught a few - Smallmouth and at the end a pretty chunky Largemouth.


I'm currently reading Dances with Trout by John Gierach in lieu of fishing. Gierach is great at bringing the stream to you when you can't get there. I love reading the adventures of these guys who can actually fish 250 days a year - what the hell is up with that? I don't know if I'll ever get there - we shall see.

I don't think I've actually fished for Trout this year. If I have, I can't remember. I will definitely have to change that situation. I'll keep you posted. I think I'll put a subscriber service on here so you don't have to come check a non-updated blog so often. Hopefully I can start talking more fish talk.

::: posted by > + Alan at 8:01 PM |
-------------------------------

Comments: Post a Comment